The BJJ Lab Zurich is a well run BJJ only-Gym with a lot of mat space, clean showers and the most daylight of any gyms we have visited so far (except one in Mexico that had no walls at all). It’s 15 minutes from the Zurich main station.
- Huge light-flooded mat space on the second floor (no basement vibes)
- Changing rooms with showers and toilets
- Free drinking water on tap right next to the mats
- Gym area
- lockers (bring your own lock)
BJJ Lab Zürich
If you come with public transport, use the bus stop Hagenholz (Bus 781). The Leutschenbach station is also very close (Tram 10, 11, 12). If you like to walk, it’s only a 5-10 minute walk from the Zürich Oerlikon train station.
If you come by car, there is parking available at Parkhaus Messe Hallenstadion (not cheap).
The entrance is on the left side of the building, not the main entrance. There is a sign on the door. Once you are inside, follow the signs. The changing rooms are on the first floor, the training area is on the second floor.
Zurich ranks yearly as one of the top 10 livable cities in the world. Be sure to check out the city before and after class. Join us via the optional group chat for some socializing if you’re up to.
- Walk in the old town
- Get cheap groceries and chill at the lake
- concerts at dynamo at the river
- People-Watching and coffee-drinking at the Rio-Bar
- Get vegan Döner at Langstrasse
Cheap hack: The city is expensive – especially to get food or drinks at restaurant and bars.
You’ll be cheaper off if you get food and drinks at one of the many Grocerie stores called Migros or Coop. Buy a 24-hours public transport ticket for 6 CHF and chill at the river or the lake, or at one of the many parks.